The Mauritius Research Council - Business Research Incubator Centre (MRC-BRIC) aims at fostering the growth of innovative Mauritian, technology driven start-ups developed by fresh graduates.
To contribute towards the promotion of commercial application of Research, Development and Innovation in Mauritius & foster collaboration between public and private sectors and academia to this end.
• Free office accommodation including Conference, meeting and brainstorming rooms
• Free internet access
• Access to mentoring and business planning from experienced professionals
• Creation of synergies with other businesses
• Networking among technology-driven entrepreneurs
• Access to latest cloud platforms
THE BRIC INCUBATION SCHEME:
The council is proposing a four tiered incubation scheme including:
Final year undergraduates or fresh graduates motivated to start their own business based on technology
A monthly stipend (Rs 7,500) under the MRC Traineeship scheme
Mentors conversant with the Business environment in Mauritius or abroad assist the incubatees in the implementation of their start-ups
Stakeholders from the private sector to match the grant of MRC stipend. Sponsors may also wish to take part in the incubatee’s project or define projects of their own on which the incubatee will work.
• Agreement signed with MRC for 6 months renewable up to a maximum of 2 years subject to satisfactory progress
• Monthly reports to be sent to MRC and presentations in front of a panel consisting of Mentor and MRC Representative every 3 months at the Council
MODALITIES OF COLLABORATIONS:
All modalities for collaborations between the 3 or 4 parties will be specified in a signed agreement.
For more information and expression of interests, please consult the following document:
Click here to download the application form.
For any queries please contact:
Mauritius Research Council
6th Floor, Ebene Heights, 34 Cybercity, Ebene, Mauritius
Tel: (230) 465-1235, Fax: (230) 465-1239